1. Mango Corer – This nifty gadget perfectly removes the fuzzy mango core EVERY TIME, making it a breeze to toss a handful of sliced or diced mango into a salad or anything else you want to make extra delicious.
2. Egg Slicer – Yes, I can slice hard-cooked eggs with a knife, but an egg slicer ensures each slice maintains its shape and that the yolk stays nicely in place.
3. Mezzaluna – Italian for half moon, the mezzaluna is made up of either a single or double curved blade with a handle at each end. Hold onto the handles and rock the blade back and forth in a rocking motion to chop herbs or small foods like garlic.
4. Potato Masher – I don’t make mashed potatoes very often, but when I do, my potato masher helps me put the ‘mashed’ in mashed potato pretty quickly.
5. Citrus Reamer – Citrus reamers or juicers make quick work of getting the most juice out of your citrus fruits and they’re cheap to boot!
What gadgets are in your kitchen?